The Next Generation High Performance Car Cover Fabric
A Covercraft exclusive
Coming April 2008 - The Weathershield Fabric will be updated to the next generation Weathershield HP.
Building on the strong foundation that is the Weathershield fabric, introducing the all new Weathershield HP by Covercraft Industries. The 'HP' stands for 'High Performance' and that's just what you'll get in this ultimate all-weather car cover fabric.
Weathershield HP fabric was selected for its natural moisture and ultraviolet light resistance. The high-strength woven polyester is finished with the worldwide patented EPIC encapsulation process that gives your vehicle even more protection.
To construct this amazing fabric, durable polyester solution-dyed fabric is woven and prefinishing chemistries are then applied to prepare for the encapsulation process. The Nextec proprietary equipment then places a patented viscous mixture of silicone-based polymers onto the fabric. Heat and pressure are applied to the polymers to work them inside the fabric which wraps the individual fade-resistant fibers. With this process, all but the smallest spaces (called "micro holes") are filled. To complete the process, specially designed ovens cure the polymers into a solid state.
Processing the fabric this way means it has no laminates or surface coating which helps deliver the superior all-weather protection in our car covers without sacrificing breathability, small storage size or the "soft-to-the-paint" feel.
Weathershield HP is not a waterproof material, yet it will shed most water and prevent dust, dirt, bird droppings and tree sap from reaching your vehicle's surface. The breathability of the fabric assures that heat and moisture do not build up under the cover and can easily escape. The Weathershield HP material is now even more fade resistant, as well as, more environmentally friendly.
Production of the fabric now uses a superior fade-resistant process that saves 1,000 gallons of water for every 1,000 yards of fabric produced as compared to the previous Weathershield material.
In the photo to the right you can see a close-up example of how our immersive treatment process coats each fiber and fills every void with a barrier that is breathable and yet prevents permeation by dirt and other elements. Moisture underneath the cover is allowed to evaporate easily because it is breathable, eliminating any water damage. Water turns into vapors during evaporation, and the vapors are smaller than water drop and therefore easily permeate the fabric and escape from under the cover.
The fabric itself is naturally UV resistant, but for added protection we have also added our own UV inhibitors to prevent the natural wear that UV rays normally provoke.
Available in eight (8) colors: Gray, Black, Bright Blue, Light Blue, Green, Red, Taupe, and Yellow
Warranty: 4 years
Color may vary on your computer monitor - swatches are available upon request
Color permanency is the key to the WeatherShield HP - each color is extruded inside the fibers for maximum fade resistance.
- Water Resistant – This high quality fabric is waterproof and does not allow water droplets to permeate the fabric, but is not waterproof. A waterproof cover would not allow moisture under the cover to escape and would result in water damage to your vehicle. Our breathable fabrics prevent this while maintaining resistance to water from the elements.
- Dries Quickly - Because the fabric sheds moisture it has an absorption factor of only 2%, compared with up to 40% for standard woven and non-woven fabrics. There is no need to dry your cover, simply shake it to expel excess water and then store it.
- Breathable - Allows any heat or condensation under the cover to easily escape.
- UV Resistant - Our additives to the fabric resist the harmful effects of UV radiation and protect your vehicle inside and out.
- Dust-proof - Patented fiber encapsulation process prevents dust from filtering through the fabric.
- Scratch-less - Polymers provide a silky smooth finish to the fabric and provide superior paint protection.
- Durable - The encapsulation process is not affected by heat or cold and the process won't degrade over the life of the fabric.
- Easy Care - Unlike non-woven fabrics you can clean the WeatherShield cover in your HOME washer and dryer.
- Packs Small & Light - All this protection in a lightweight package that packs into ¼ to ½ the volume of multi-layer, non-woven fabrics. That's a cover for a Honda Accord he's holding - minimal storage space, but maximum protection!
Your Custom-fit Car, Truck, or SUV Weathershield HP cover is custom made and tailored by Covercraft Industries, the world's largest manufacturer of custom-fit covers. Only the finest materials and craftsmanship are used, just as you expect in a fine automobile cover. Your new Weathershield HP cover is a premium quality cover MADE IN THE USA especially for your vehicle. We guarantee a perfect fit, every time. All covers carry a manufacturer's warranty.
Note: For trucks with grill guards, camper shells, and other non-factory exterior accessories, please call our office for special order details. Cars with aftermarket non-factory spoilers and body ground effects must also call before ordering.
All Weathershield HP Car Covers are constructed with features found in every Covercraft Custom Fit Cover:
- Double stitched overlapped seams are strong and durable.
- Neoprene elastic is sewn into the front and rear hems to help hold the cover in place.
- Reinforced, non-scratch grommets include a protective flap on the backside and can be used with a tie-down rope or vinyl coated cable and lock.
Read more about our car cover fabrics.
Car Cover World is pleased to represent the full line of Covercraft Products. These products include car and truck covers, front end masks (bras), truck tonneau covers, sun shields, interior covers, seat covers, and a full line of covers for motorcycles and atv's. Covercraft is well known in the automotive industry as the largest manufacturer of custom patterned covers in the world. Starting in 1965, as a two-employee company, Covercraft has grown into a 500 employee company supplying the aftermarket, OEM, and automotive specialty markets with over 45,000 custom cover patterns.
"Our goal is to provide the widest selection of specialty fabrics to meet the protection needs and budgets of our customers. We believe our products are the finest soft goods available and have earned the QS9000 rating awarded firms that meet very strict international quality standards."
"Covercraftmanship is our dedication to quality and customer service, a commitment you'll find in everything we produce", says Covercraft Industries.
If it has wheels, CarCoverWorld and Covercraft can cover it!