You have no items in your shopping cart.
Car Covers 101
|Outdoor Covers:||Indoor Covers:|
|Covercraft Evolution (Technalon)
Coverking Coverbond 4
No. We use only the finest materials in the making of our car covers and none of our car cover fabrics will scratch your vehicle. However, it is important that the car cover is used properly, that is, put on a clean vehicle. When car covers are installed over top of dirty cars, the existing dirt can rub against the paint, causing fine lines in the finish. We always recommend a quick rinse or dusting prior to installing a car cover.
Usage, Installation and Care
NEVER...Clean a car cover in a washer with a center agitator (except WeatherShield fabric covers)
NEVER...Use fabric softener
NEVER...Dry a non-woven or specialty type cover in a dryer (WeatherShield & Form-Fit can be dried in a dryer with regular heat; polycotton and flannel can be dried on low heat.)
1. Using a large commercial washer without agitator, wash the cover using 1/4 cup of Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner (some WeatherShield covers are compact enough to be washed in a normal size washer). Put the cover in the washer and pour the cleaner in the tub after it’s filled with warm water or pour it directly in the machine (some wall mounted commercial units), then put in the cover and start the machine .
2. Rinse the cover twice (2X) to remove all the cleaner.
3. Air dry (unless it’s one of the covers noted above that can be dried in a dryer with regular or low heat).
A cover may also be cleaned by turning it inside-out on the vehicle.
1. Mix one ounce Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner per quart of warm water.
2. Spray or sponge onto cover.
3. Rinse with plain water (until no suds) and allow to air dry.
1. Remove your antenna, if possible.
2. Cover the vehicle with your cover.
3. Mark the cover (with chalk or something that washes off) at the antenna location.
4. Snap the two-piece grommet onto your cover from each side at the location you marked.
5. Use a knife to make a cut in the fabric inside the grommet.
6. Install antenna.
The plastic grommet will hold the fabric tight and keep the hole from enlarging or ripping. When installing your cover after the grommet is installed, start by placing your antenna inside the grommet, then fold the sides over the mirror pockets, followed by securing the front and rear of the cover to your vehicle. To remove your cover, just reverse the process.